Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for everyone using The Good Attic. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone have a great experience.
Posting an Advert on The Good Attic
Adverts that do not comply with our Terms will be removed from the site. This list is not exhaustive and The Good Attic reserves the right to remove any advert without warning or other notification. Any advert we suspect of being spam or fraudulent will be removed.
The following is forbidden on The Good Attic UK:
- Posting of multiple ads whose content is identical or similar. You may only post a maximum of one ad for the same item or service per local area
- Proposal of several goods or services in the same advert that are not related
- Publishing an ad that is too short or ambiguous. This could result in an ad being classified as spam
- Posting an ad whose purpose is regulated or prohibited by law
- Using the details (name, phone number, mailing address, email, photos, etc) of someone else without their permission or providing false contact details
- Revealing elements of a private nature or violating the privacy of any person or company (including the publication of faces or signatures)
- Copying information posted by another user
- Publishing content that infringes physical or intellectual property rights
- Disturbing the activity of any other user
- Assuming the identity of The Good Attic and/or its employees
- Publishing an ad in the wrong category or subcategory
- Children: Use of this site is prohibited to anyone under the age of 16
- Including a premium rate phone number in an advertisement (except in “Astrology”)
- Publishing ads with the purpose of advertising sites or services similar to thegoodattic.co.uk
- Promoting a website (you can only include a link on your ad if it provides more information about the product you are selling)
- Promoting or advertising gifts, sweepstakes or other prizes
- Making remarks that are false, defamatory, profane, hateful, abusive, pornographic, obscene or of any inappropriate nature (left to our discretion)
- Any advertisement or message containing a virus or other contaminating or destructive agent that prevents the proper operation of this site or access to this site by our users
We recommend you purchase a featured ad if you wish national coverage. For more information of Featured Adverts please click here
Golden rules (all website)
- 1 card per person (bank card should belong to the advertiser)
- 1 account per person
- 1 ad per person unless agency (same person can have multiple ads, same ad cannot have multiple people)
- Card should be UK based
- Ads that are too short or ambiguous
- Should we find abuse of features available on the site, The Good Attic has the right to take action.
- Premium numbers have to display charges clearly.
- Images must be genuine. Any **** photos identified will be removed from the ad. The Good Attic reserves the right to request identification for verification.
- Ads can take up to 24 hours to publish.
- All adverts of adult or sexual nature have to be posted within any of the available 18+ categories. This includes sale of lingerie.
- No phone number in the title
- No emails to be included anywhere within the ad or the user profile (e.g. username)
- If a paid ad does not meet our terms, The Good Attic has the right to reject refund.
Buy and Sell
The following are prohibited to be advertised with specific reference to the Buy & Sell category:
- Illegal and stolen goods, drugs or related materials
- Dangerous objects such as guns, pistols, paintballs, gas, explosives or any item that is intended to cause purposeful harm (this list is not exhaustive)
- Blood products, body fluids, organs and other body products
- Drugs or medical supplies
- Furs and skins, turtle shells, fenders, wood (this list is not exhaustive)
- Insignia and uniform of police or other official insignia and uniforms
- Counterfeit goods, replicas, unauthorised copies
- Tobacco and Alcohol
- Used Lingerie
- Wholesale lot of multimedia products (audio, video, telephony, computers, etc).
- Any item or service that requires the advertiser to be an exclusive and/or authorised 3rd party seller of the product, e.g. designer clothes
The following are prohibited to be advertised with specific reference to the Employment category:
- We accept “commission only” jobs, “multi-level marketing (MLM)” jobs and “work from home” jobs in our Work from Home category. All such jobs should clearly state the commission or monetary returns offered. Ponzi schemes which pay returns to investors from their own money, or from money paid in by subsequent investors. will be deleted from the website. Click here for details.
- Requesting / offering financing or loans between individuals.
- Adult jobs including hostess, adult webcam (this list is non exhaustive).
- Any job whose function is not clearly specified.
- Adverts without a business name, salary or explicit and detailed description of the proposed job.
The following are prohibited to be advertised with specific reference to the Pets category:
- Exotic and endangered animals such as monkeys, parrots etc (this list is non exhaustive).
- The transfer or offer of dogs under eight weeks of age.
- By posting in this category you agree to PAAG Standards
The following are prohibited to be advertised with specific reference to the Services category:
- Tantric massage ads should be posted in Escorts and Massages category
- Ads of sexual nature or offering sexual services
- We do not allow selfies or personal images. Photos of demonstration of service is allowed
Note – We reserve the right to require proof of qualifications for any type of service offered on the website